Social Justice Ministry
Justice at SEUCC
At its heart, justice is shalom. That is, restoration of right relationship with God, one another, and creation. Justice does not replace charity. Justice perfected, makes charity obsolete. Justice calls us to civic engagement. Justice calls us to plant seeds of hope. Right here. Right now.
SEUCC's Justice Ministry is currently focused on increasing voter registration, education and turnout as a way to increase our voice in decisions that affect us.
Elections matter. You matter. Vote!
- Voter registration ended on October 9th, 2018.
- Check your registration status here.
- Check whether you are on the voter purge list here.
- Early voting at the Board of Elections October 10-November 5th doesn't require an ID.
- People with felony convictions CAN vote unless currently incarcerated.
- Election day is Tuesday, November 6th.
How to get Involved
We need your ideas, creativity and passion. Please contact Liz Gauntner, Lay Leader (email@example.com) or Rev. Carla Jo Howlett, Staff Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you're interested in joining in this work.
#whyivote Meme Contest (cash prizes!)
Month of October
Souls to the Polls
October 22, 2018 and November 4, 2018
Meet in the Atrium to carpool as many people to the Board of Elections for Early Voting.